Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Adel ESSAFI

Default wifi manager

Hi all
I have recently installed F8. I haven'nt find the gnome wifi maanger not
the kwifimanager of kde. however, the system recognise my wifi card
((intel 3945BG ).

What should I do please
Regards
Adel

Old 11-30-2007, 10:59 AM
"Hiroaki Kondo"

Hi Adel!!

Could you download and boot Live CD?
It will be the simple way to detect hardware recognition.

Hiroaki Kondo
APLogics, B.V. in Amsterdam
hackman@venus.dti.ne.jp

Old 11-30-2007, 11:09 AM
"Rudolf Kastl"

open a terminal
su -
service NetworkManager start

## then actually an applet should appear on the right upper spot and
if it works proceed with:

chkconfig NetworkManager on

## if you have any problems actually get back to me by replying to the list.

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl

Old 11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Adel ESSAFI

Thanks , it works

but with gnome (under ubunto ) this tool gives me the list of the
available wifi connexion, and not here. can you help about this please?

regards
Adel

Old 11-30-2007, 12:03 PM
"Hiroaki Kondo"

Hi Adel and all,

I misunderstanding it not recognized that wifi card with mini-PCI.

I think that Rudolf's way is collect but kwifi will be still working.

Hiroaki Kondo
APLogics, B.V. in Amsterdam
hackman@venus.dti.ne.jp

Old 11-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Rick Stevens

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 13:48 +0100, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> Thanks , it works
>
> but with gnome (under ubunto ) this tool gives me the list of the
> available wifi connexion, and not here. can you help about this please?

Run (as root):

service NetworkManagerDispatcher start
chkconfig NetworkManagerDispatcher on

> Rudolf Kastl a écrit :
> > open a terminal
> > su -
> > service NetworkManager start
> >
> > ## then actually an applet should appear on the right upper spot and
> > if it works proceed with:
> >
> > chkconfig NetworkManager on
> >
> > ## if you have any problems actually get back to me by replying to the list.
> >
> > kind regards,
> > Rudolf Kastl
> >
> > On Nov 30, 2007 11:24 AM, Adel ESSAFI <adel.safi@esstt.rnu.tn> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all
> >> I have recently installed F8. I haven'nt find the gnome wifi maanger not
> >> the kwifimanager of kde. however, the system recognise my wifi card
> >> ((intel 3945BG ).
> >> What should I do please
> >> Regards
> >> Adel
> >>
> >> --

- -
- If this is the first day of the rest of my life... -
- I'm in BIG trouble! -

Old 12-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Adel ESSAFI

Dear all

As you can see on the screenshot, the networkmanager does not give me
the list of the available wifi networks but asks to enter manually the
name of the wifi network. I just ask for the name of the tool that can
give the list of the available connections.

Regrads

Adel

Old 12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 16:42 +0100, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> Dear all
>
> As you can see on the screenshot, the networkmanager does not give me
> the list of the available wifi networks but asks to enter manually
> the
> name of the wifi network. I just ask for the name of the tool that
> can
> give the list of the available connections.
>
> Regrads
>
> Adel
The tool in nm-applet in the upper right corner of the panels. In gnome
that is. Is it not there to left click on?