Old 11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
"Paul Smith"

Default F8 resists to be installed

Dear All,

I am trying to install F8 in a 500GB hard disk, but when transferring
the installation packages to the disk, during the installation, no
package is transferred and therefore the installation process does not
proceed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Old 11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
"Paul Smith"

On Nov 30, 2007 6:01 AM, Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install F8 in a 500GB hard disk, but when transferring
> the installation packages to the disk, during the installation, no
> package is transferred and therefore the installation process does not
> proceed. Any ideas?

Let me add that my disk is a SATA one and that I used it, with no
problem, before having tried to install F8 in it.

Paul

Old 11-30-2007, 03:54 PM
"Kam Leo"

On Nov 30, 2007 4:18 AM, Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 6:01 AM, Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to install F8 in a 500GB hard disk, but when transferring
> > the installation packages to the disk, during the installation, no
> > package is transferred and therefore the installation process does not
> > proceed. Any ideas?
>
> Let me add that my disk is a SATA one and that I used it, with no
> problem, before having tried to install F8 in it.
>

> Paul

Paul, we are not mind readers. Is this a blank unformatted drive or
does it already have stuff on it? If so, what?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:41 AM
"Paul Smith"

On Nov 30, 2007 4:54 PM, Kam Leo <kam.leo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am trying to install F8 in a 500GB hard disk, but when transferring
> > > the installation packages to the disk, during the installation, no
> > > package is transferred and therefore the installation process does not
> > > proceed. Any ideas?
> >
> > Let me add that my disk is a SATA one and that I used it, with no
> > problem, before having tried to install F8 in it.
>
> Paul, we are not mind readers. Is this a blank unformatted drive or
> does it already have stuff on it? If so, what?

Thanks, Kam. Yes, it is a blank unformatted drive.

Paul

Old 12-01-2007, 01:49 AM
"Kam Leo"

On Nov 30, 2007 5:41 PM, Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Let me add that my disk is a SATA one and that I used it, with no
> > > problem, before having tried to install F8 in it.
> >
> > Paul, we are not mind readers. Is this a blank unformatted drive or
> > does it already have stuff on it? If so, what?
>
> Thanks, Kam. Yes, it is a blank unformatted drive.
>

> Paul

Did you delete all partitions before installing F8 or did you use
Anaconda to format the drive? If the later try using GParted (Knopix
or other live-CD) to clean and/or partition your drive.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:32 PM
"Paul Smith"

On Dec 1, 2007 2:49 AM, Kam Leo <kam.leo@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Paul, we are not mind readers. Is this a blank unformatted drive or
> > > does it already have stuff on it? If so, what?
> >
> > Thanks, Kam. Yes, it is a blank unformatted drive.
>
> Did you delete all partitions before installing F8 or did you use
> Anaconda to format the drive? If the later try using GParted (Knopix
> or other live-CD) to clean and/or partition your drive.

Thanks, Kam. I was not able to install F8 with the DVD. I suspect that
it was corrupted. Afterwards, I used the Live CD and I installed F8
successfully.

Paul

Old 12-01-2007, 03:32 PM
"Paul Smith"