Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 AM
"Deepak Shrestha"

Default Stream to handle Samba shares???

Hi,

I am trying to play a movie clip in mplayer from my FC machine which
is shared by another windows machine and cannot get it to work.

===============================
1. I tried to drag and drop the movie clip in mplayer from the share
but no reaction in mplayer and no error message.
2. right clicking the movie clip file and tried to open with mplayer
gives me following error message:

"No stream found to handle url smb://server/share/movie_clip.avi"

===============================

I am bit confused here because, the file transfer to and from linux
and windows machine between these shares is perfectly working fine.

Do I have to mount the share to my local drive to be able to play this clip?

By the way I can play the movie clip in my windows machine (with
various players including mplayer) which is shared form this FC
machine why? What's missing?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Nico Sabbi

Il Friday 30 November 2007 11:57:45 Deepak Shrestha ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to play a movie clip in mplayer from my FC machine
> which is shared by another windows machine and cannot get it to
> work.
>
> ===============================
> 1. I tried to drag and drop the movie clip in mplayer from the
> share but no reaction in mplayer and no error message.
> 2. right clicking the movie clip file and tried to open with
> mplayer gives me following error message:
>
> "No stream found to handle url smb://server/share/movie_clip.avi"

your mplayer was compiled without support for smb protocol

> I am bit confused here because, the file transfer to and from linux
> and windows machine between these shares is perfectly working fine.
>
> Do I have to mount the share to my local drive to be able to play
> this clip?

yes if you don't recompile mplayer yourself

> By the way I can play the movie clip in my windows machine (with
> various players including mplayer) which is shared form this FC
> machine why? What's missing?

a means to permit mplayer to access that file