Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 PM

Default Thunderbird

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:45:26 AM m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> CentOS 6. T-bird 3.1.18
>>
>> Is there *ANY* way to search message on message *CONTENT*, not header? I
>> used to do that all the time....
>>
>> mark "or maybe I'll dump t-bird"
>
> Hmm.....
> [root@migration ~]# repoquery thunderbird
> thunderbird-0:10.0.1-3.el6.centos.x86_64
> [root@migration ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
> [root@migration ~]#
>
> Upgrade thunderbird with CentOS 6.2, since 6.2 includes Thunderbird
> 10.0.1?

Yep, I see it's just come in. Not overwhelmingly impressed with FF 10,
from trivial things like the non-bottom border, to speed - too frequently,
pages sit there taking time that didn't used to take that long.

mark

Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Norman Silverstone

From time to time I receive messages which have quite large empty
spaces where I believe there should be information. For example:-

Thank you for contacting LogMeIn

Then there are about 10 empty lines followed by:-

If you need any further assistance

Could someone, please. tell me if there is some setting I should make to
be able to read what is there, if anything?

Norman

Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 AM
James Freer

where I believe there should be information. For example:-

Thank you for contacting LogMeIn

Then there are about 10 empty lines followed by:-

If you need any further assistance

Could someone, please. tell me if there is some setting I should make to be
able to read what is there, if anything?

Norman

I had a similar problem about three years ago and i can't remember how i solved
it now. What i did wasn't too geeky! Perhaps i removed thunderbird and deleted
the .thunderbird file and then reinstalled. Sorry i can't help more other than
offer condolences! I use Alpine now which i much prefer.

james

Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 PM
uteck

Are you sure it is not blocking images?
Or perhaps it is displaying the message as text and not HTML?

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM, James Freer <jessejazza3.uk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, Norman Silverstone wrote:
>
>> From time to time I receive messages which have quite large empty spaces
>> where I believe there should be information. For example:-
>>
>> Thank you for contacting LogMeIn
>>
>> Then there are about 10 empty lines followed by:-
>>
>> If you need any further assistance
>>
>> Could someone, please. tell me if there is some setting I should make to
>> be able to read what is there, if anything?
>>
>> Norman
>

> I had a similar problem about three years ago and i can't remember how i
> solved it now. What i did wasn't too geeky! Perhaps i removed thunderbird
> and deleted the .thunderbird file and then reinstalled. Sorry i can't help
> more other than offer condolences! I use Alpine now which i much prefer.
>
> james

no .sig found
Please restart your browser.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Norman Silverstone

Or perhaps it is displaying the message as text and not HTML?

where I believe there should be information. For example:-

Thank you for contacting LogMeIn

Then there are about 10 empty lines followed by:-

If you need any further assistance

Could someone, please. tell me if there is some setting I should make to
be able to read what is there, if anything?

Norman

I had a similar problem about three years ago and i can't remember how i
solved it now. What i did wasn't too geeky! Perhaps i removed thunderbird
and deleted the .thunderbird file and then reinstalled. Sorry i can't help
more other than offer condolences! I use Alpine now which i much prefer.

Thanks folks for trying to help. Following up a clue I went to View,
checked Message Body As simple HTML and the missing text appeared.

Norman