Old 04-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Michael Miles

Default Thunderbird

I have been seeing some bugs with Thunderbird Email client

Everytime I delete an email from say the top of my list the email from
the bottom gets deleted. Not the one I want deleted.
As well the email that I am trying to delete erases the header and
sender but it's still there. I try to delete it and again the bottom
gets deleted. The emails with no header or sender will not clear out
until all the emails in list are deleted.

Very annoying

I have to go to trash and read the emails I missed from this weird glitch

Anyone else have the same problem?

Michael Miles

Old 04-09-2010, 07:00 PM
jack craig

i am using TB 3.0.4 on FC11 and dont see these issues...

--
Jack Craig
Software Engineer

Old 04-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Steven Stern

You might try rebuilding the index for the particular message file.
Close Thunderbird (and after backing up the .thunderbird directory tree),

cd ~/.thunderbird
cd <yourprofiledirectory>
cd Mail
cd <the problem mail account>
rm *.msf

Restart Thunderbird

--
-- Steve

Old 04-10-2010, 05:08 AM
Michael Miles

Seems to resolved it for now I will keep an eye on it

Thanks for the info

I love this mailing list, so much info and instant help

Much better than Microsoft's Personal Care Services

Old 04-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 22:08 -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
> I love this mailing list, so much info and instant help
>
> Much better than Microsoft's Personal Care Services

That's nice to hear. However, please read the Guidelines regarding
things like not top-posting, in order to minimize annoyance for other
list members.

poc

Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

Hi,

Are there good notifiers for thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux 10.04
desktop,I mean if i click on it i am able to open the message ?

Thanks

Kaushal

Old 08-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Karl Larsen

On 08/10/2010 07:39 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there good notifiers for thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux 10.04
> desktop,I mean if i click on it i am able to open the message ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kaushal

Yes

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 08-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Basil Chupin

On 10/08/2010 23:49, Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 07:39 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there good notifiers for thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux 10.04
>> desktop,I mean if i click on it i am able to open the message ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kaushal
>>

> Yes

And that "good notifier for thunderbird" being....what, Karl?

What is that "good notifier" for thunderbird o Ubuntu 10.04, Karl?

Chapter and verse, please, thank you.

BC

--
Don't resent getting old - a great many are denied the privelege.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:19 PM
ms

On 10/08/10 15:07, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 10/08/2010 23:49, Karl Larsen wrote:
>> On 08/10/2010 07:39 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are there good notifiers for thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux 10.04
>>> desktop,I mean if i click on it i am able to open the message ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Kaushal
>>>

>> Yes
>>

> And that "good notifier for thunderbird" being....what, Karl?
>
> What is that "good notifier" for thunderbird o Ubuntu 10.04, Karl?
>
> Chapter and verse, please, thank you.
>
> BC

Well, *once in a while*, like the broken clock, Karl was absolutely
right. The OP asked if "are there?", and Karl answered: "yes". Which is
a perfectly reasonable answer. If the OP asked "And if yes, which are
they?", than it would be another matter.

Reference:
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html

cheers,
m.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Preston Hagar

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there good notifiers for thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux 10.04
> desktop,I mean if i click on it i am able to open the message ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kaushal

I have searched long and hard for this since my upgrade to Lucid
(10.04) and subsequent upgrade to Thunderbird 3. I am right now using
a combination of FireTray:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4868/

and Libnotify Popups:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/11530/

The Libnotify one provides popups using the Linux libnotify system.
You can't click on them though to go to the email. Libnotify drove me
crazy because you could only get the popups to show up in either the
top right or middle right of the screen. I have a dual monitor setup
and specifically wanted them in the lower right of my right most
screen. I ended up having to download the source and change a few
lines to get it where I want it to be (apparently the libnotify
developers don't want to allow the end user to change the position of
the notifications because they might get confused or something, I
didn't really understand the reasoning).

Anyway, I would sometimes miss the popups, like if I say left my desk
for a little bit, and wouldn't know if I had received any new email or
not unless I just checked my Thunderbird. I was accustomed to the
Thuderbird Biff add on from Thunderbird 2 which has a tray icon that
changes from one icon to another depending on if you have mail or not.
The closest replacement I found was the FireTray addon.

FireTray puts a thunderbird icon in your system tray. When you have
new email, it changes to an ugly greenish square with the number of
unread messages. You can click on the icon and it will take you to
the next unread message in thunderbird. The few annoying things I
have come across so far is that it has a javascript popup to confirm
you want to read the next message before it takes you there, and there
is no way I can find to turn that off. Also, even though in the
options it has options to "ignore the junk folder", I can't seem to
get it to ignore mine. I haven't really looked into that though.

Anyway, I know neither is exactly what you want, but maybe they will help.

Preston