Old 11-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Carroll Grigsby

Default unsubscribe (not really, but...)

On Thursday 29 November 2007 6:39:32 pm Rick Stevens wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 07:49 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> > Rick Stevens wrote:
> > > Even one "tens of decades" would make you over 100 years old, John.
> > > You sure seem spry for a centarian! ;-)
> >
> > Whoops. I guess the rest puts it in the right timeframe.
> >

> > My prospects of reaching one centenary aren't bad, my grandmother did
> > and my parents are in their late 80s. Don't think I want two though.
>
> "Do you wear boxers or briefs?" "Depends."
>
> I just reached 1/2 of a "tens of decades". Four score and ten. Five
> decades. Fifty years. Mom's 78. I may make it...but I'm not betting
> on it. ;-)

A minor point, but in this context a score is twenty. Being four score and ten
would make you 12 years older than your mother. Or has she spent a lot of
time traveling at the speed of light?

-- cmg

Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 21:33 -0500, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 6:39:32 pm Rick Stevens wrote:
> > >
> > > Whoops. I guess the rest puts it in the right timeframe.
> > >

> > > My prospects of reaching one centenary aren't bad, my grandmother did
> > > and my parents are in their late 80s. Don't think I want two though.
> >
> > "Do you wear boxers or briefs?" "Depends."
> >
> > I just reached 1/2 of a "tens of decades". Four score and ten. Five
> > decades. Fifty years. Mom's 78. I may make it...but I'm not betting
> > on it. ;-)
>
> A minor point, but in this context a score is twenty. Being four score and ten
> would make you 12 years older than your mother. Or has she spent a lot of
> time traveling at the speed of light?

Ha! I would call that a major point! I'm at the boxers stage myself. I
wonder why that happens?? Gotta think about that one and just when it
happened? Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 11-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Rick Stevens

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 21:33 -0500, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 6:39:32 pm Rick Stevens wrote:
> > >
> > > Whoops. I guess the rest puts it in the right timeframe.
> > >

> > > My prospects of reaching one centenary aren't bad, my grandmother did
> > > and my parents are in their late 80s. Don't think I want two though.
> >
> > "Do you wear boxers or briefs?" "Depends."
> >
> > I just reached 1/2 of a "tens of decades". Four score and ten. Five
> > decades. Fifty years. Mom's 78. I may make it...but I'm not betting
> > on it. ;-)
>
> A minor point, but in this context a score is twenty. Being four score and ten
> would make you 12 years older than your mother. Or has she spent a lot of
> time traveling at the speed of light?

Aw, sh**! Right. Two score and ten. Jeeze! Hoist by my own petard!

There was a quantum mechanic named Breen
Who had the fastest machine on the scene
He drove fast as light
And with no cops in sight
He'd blueshift the red lights to green