FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Jonathan Allen
 
Default F8 DOS system call ??

Hi All,

I'm just trying to install F8 on one of my smaller machines to use as a
test environment, and it seems to have a problem:

Searching for Book Record from CDROM..OK

ISOLINUX 3.36 2007-02-10 Copyright (C) 1994-2007 H. Peter Anvin
vesamenu.c32: attempted DOS system call
boot:
vesamenu.c32: attempted DOS system call
boot:
... etc - loops on these last two lines

Any idea what that means ?

Jonathan

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Matthew Miller
 
Default F8 DOS system call ??

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 03:32:55PM +0000, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> I'm just trying to install F8 on one of my smaller machines to use as a
> test environment, and it seems to have a problem:
>
> Searching for Book Record from CDROM..OK
>
> ISOLINUX 3.36 2007-02-10 Copyright (C) 1994-2007 H. Peter Anvin
> vesamenu.c32: attempted DOS system call
> boot:
> vesamenu.c32: attempted DOS system call
> boot:
> ... etc - loops on these last two lines
> Any idea what that means ?


A quick web search indicates that a workaround may be to just type "linux"
at that prompt and hit enter.


--
Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org <http://mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux ------> <http://linux.bu.edu/>

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Jonathan Allen
 
Default F8 DOS system call ??

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 10:57:31AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 03:32:55PM +0000, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> >
> > ISOLINUX 3.36 2007-02-10 Copyright (C) 1994-2007 H. Peter Anvin
> > vesamenu.c32: attempted DOS system call
> > boot:
>
> A quick web search indicates that a workaround may be to just type "linux"
> at that prompt and hit enter.

When it came down to it, "linux0" was unintuitively the answer, but thank
you for starting me looking. I was fooled because the prompt waits for a
while and then loops, repeating itself and I hadn't realised that I could
type anything in between.

A couple of hours of fighting with and then turning Network Manager off and
I'm up and away downloading the updates since issue ...

Jonathan

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org