Old 11-19-2007, 08:34 PM
"Peter Lauri"

Default User specific resolution, where is that saved?

I use gnome. Where is user account specific display settings
(resolution etc) saved in the file system?

/Peter

Old 11-20-2007, 05:40 AM
"Peter Lauri"

I never received this email from the list, maybe it never reached the
list. Or maybe some build in function in Gmail to not show emails that
I send to a group I belong to.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Jim Cornette

Peter Lauri wrote:

I never received this email from the list, maybe it never reached the
list. Or maybe some build in function in Gmail to not show emails that
I send to a group I belong to.

I use gnome. Where is user account specific display settings
(resolution etc) saved in the file system?

/Peter

control-center contains gnome-display-properties. The g-d-p controls
resolution per user. Where the file settings are stored are not known to
me. They are probably stored in one of the dot directories in the user
home directory.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Christopher Mocock

Peter Lauri wrote:
> I use gnome. Where is user account specific display settings
> (resolution etc) saved in the file system?

I believe it's in:

~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/screen/default/0/resolution

... but haven't checked it. Best to use gconf-editor to set the values.

Chris

Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Frank Cox

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:51:20 +0000
Christopher Mocock <chris@wavestore.com> wrote:

> ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/screen/default/0/resolution

Close.

On this F8 machine, it's in
~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/screen/default/0/%gconf.xml