Old 05-05-2008, 04:35 AM
"冯志胜"

Default LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I know how to set the environment variables. but i am curious that how the fedora core 8 works:
when type:
* echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, It tell me nothing.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:38 AM
"冯志胜"

2008/5/5 冯志胜 <fzhsheng@gmail.com>:

I know how to set the environment variables. but i am curious that how the fedora core 8 works:
when type:
* echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, *
It echos nothing: in other words, there's no this variable at all.
But the OS can always find the .so files, if they are in common path.
who can tell me how can it find?

Thank you.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:09 AM

Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Phil Meyer

冯志胜 wrote:
I know how to set the environment variables. but i am curious that how
the fedora core 8 works:

when type:
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, It tell me nothing.

see: /etc/ld.so.conf.d

Drop a file in this directory containing a path, and it is added to the
system wide search path

Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Ralf Corsepius

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 00:19 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
> 冯志胜 wrote:
> > I know how to set the environment variables. but i am curious that how
> > the fedora core 8 works:
> > when type:
> > echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, It tell me nothing.
> >

> see: /etc/ld.so.conf.d

man ld.so
man ldconfig

Ralf

Old 05-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Todd Zullinger

g wrote:
> ??? wrote:
>> 2008/5/5 ??? <fzhsheng@gmail.com>:
>
> unless you have a eye sight problem, would you please turn off

Unless you have a defective mail client, why would you care about
either of these?

> and change to

Why do you suppose everyone should limit their charset to us-ascii?
That's just plain silly.

The multipart/alternative message with the text/html part in the
original post should go, for sure. But you managed to not even
mention that in your criticism.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Ed Greshko

g wrote: