Old 11-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Tony Molloy

Default nspluginwrapper Is it necessary

HI,

nspluginwrapper causes SELinux denials when it's in enforcing mode. This means
that when you do a full install of F8 you cannot get a browser running. I
know there is a workaround with chcon and semanage. But what I'd like to know
is if I'm running a 32bit system then is nspluginwrapper really necessary at
all or is it only for 64bit systems.

Regards,

Tony

Old 11-30-2007, 03:25 AM
Peter Reed

On Thursday 29 November 2007 01:37:33 Tony Molloy wrote:
> HI,
>
> nspluginwrapper causes SELinux denials when it's in enforcing mode. This
> means that when you do a full install of F8 you cannot get a browser
> running. I know there is a workaround with chcon and semanage. But what I'd
> like to know is if I'm running a 32bit system then is nspluginwrapper
> really necessary at all or is it only for 64bit systems.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tony

You only need nspluginwrapper for 64bit systems it is meaningless for a 32bit
system. Why would you install this on a 32bit system if you read the
description of what it is and what it does you would understand it is for
32bit compatibility on 64bit systems.
Peter

Old 11-30-2007, 03:53 AM
"Kam Leo"

On Nov 29, 2007 8:25 PM, Peter Reed <mrdeadworry@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 01:37:33 Tony Molloy wrote:
> > HI,
> >
> > nspluginwrapper causes SELinux denials when it's in enforcing mode. This
> > means that when you do a full install of F8 you cannot get a browser
> > running. I know there is a workaround with chcon and semanage. But what I'd
> > like to know is if I'm running a 32bit system then is nspluginwrapper
> > really necessary at all or is it only for 64bit systems.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Tony
>
> You only need nspluginwrapper for 64bit systems it is meaningless for a 32bit
> system. Why would you install this on a 32bit system if you read the
> description of what it is and what it does you would understand it is for
> 32bit compatibility on 64bit systems.
> Peter

I've been informed that it (nspluginwrapper) is installed by default.
It was not installed (or it was not in the path) on one system but was
installed on another. Both were F8-i386 DVD installs.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Tony Molloy

On Friday 30 November 2007 04:53, Kam Leo wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 8:25 PM, Peter Reed <mrdeadworry@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 November 2007 01:37:33 Tony Molloy wrote:
> > > HI,
> > >
> > > nspluginwrapper causes SELinux denials when it's in enforcing mode.
> > > This means that when you do a full install of F8 you cannot get a
> > > browser running. I know there is a workaround with chcon and semanage.
> > > But what I'd like to know is if I'm running a 32bit system then is
> > > nspluginwrapper really necessary at all or is it only for 64bit
> > > systems.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Tony
> >
> > You only need nspluginwrapper for 64bit systems it is meaningless for a
> > 32bit system. Why would you install this on a 32bit system if you read
> > the description of what it is and what it does you would understand it is
> > for 32bit compatibility on 64bit systems.
> > Peter

That's what I thought. But why then is it in the i386 Fedora spin. Surely it
should be in Everything. If you do a full install of the Fedora spin or you
do a DVD install it is installed by default.

Tony

> I've been informed that it (nspluginwrapper) is installed by default.
> It was not installed (or it was not in the path) on one system but was
> installed on another. Both were F8-i386 DVD installs.

See above.

Tony