Old 11-28-2007, 05:18 PM
"Arch Willingham"

Default Network benchmark?

Is there some easy benchmark I can run to test the speed of copying across our internal network vs. an equivalent window machine? One particular Linux machine takes forever to copy to or from any of the Windows machines.

Thanks!

Arch

Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Mark

perhaps:
System monitor -> Resources -> Network

Not very accurate but will do the job for speed testing.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 PM
"Arch Willingham"

Thanks!

I found something called "netperf" that works with windows and Linux clients.....it seems to work pretty well!