-   -   Network benchmark? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/7483-network-benchmark.html)

"Arch Willingham" 11-28-2007 05:18 PM

Network benchmark?

Is there some easy benchmark I can run to test the speed of copying across our internal network vs. an equivalent window machine? One particular Linux machine takes forever to copy to or from any of the Windows machines.

Thanks!

Arch

Mark 11-28-2007 08:30 PM

Network benchmark?

perhaps:
System monitor -> Resources -> Network

Not very accurate but will do the job for speed testing.

"Arch Willingham" 11-28-2007 09:25 PM

Network benchmark?

Thanks!

I found something called "netperf" that works with windows and Linux clients.....it seems to work pretty well!