Old 11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
"Jamie Bohr"

Default OT: RHEL 5.1 client Error executing formatting or display command.

Found the problem ... I only found it because another admin did NOT have the problem, his profile was different and his main system is SunOS.*

In /etc/profile we have some code that would run "return".* If "return" was commented out the shell issues went away, this modification has worked on many other Linux systems in the past and more than one person had the issue so I figured it was caused by something other than a users profile, I did not think the system profile was causing it ... besides the same code worked on other Linux systems.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post.

- Jamie