Old 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 06:01:21 -0500,
"David G. Mackay" <mackay_d@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Sorry. I assumed (and got bitten once again by doing so) by your
> country designation on your email that you weren't. Foolish me.

That is more a matter of not liking the way Network Solutions did business
when I got the domain. Since then it has also isolated me from ICANN a
bit since most of the CC TLDs have not yet been strong armed into signing
contracts with ICANN yet.
TONIC is fairly nice, though relatively expensive these days. I don't
think they have a big enough base of customers to dstribute their
fixed costs over, so that can't compete with the .com/.net/.org
registries on price. I plan to reup with them for another 5 years very
shortly.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Ed Greshko

I'm sorry...I fell asleep. Is this thread still alive/relevant?

Old 05-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 11:35 +1000, Da Rock wrote:

> I agree - a solution needs to be found. But then, this is what the heart
> of this whole thread has been about: legalities of linking different
> licenses. And Fedora and a minority of users has taken a stand on one
> side of this issue. Will they condescend to a level where an agreement
> can be reached?

Hopefully, they will consider "Proper Assertiveness" as a goal. You have
relationship value in others towards their personal goals, as well as
personal goal values. So, if one drops the expectation of others to 50%
as well as personal goal values to 50%, if the other party does the
same, you have Compromise. Ta-Da! See? Even life computes. It's nifty to
chart on paper. Of course if the other party is an aggressive moron,
then maybe to Withdraw is the only recourse. <chuckles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar