Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Frank Cox

Default upgrading to kernel 2.6.23.9

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:17:25 +0530
Rohan Kulkarni <rohan.sjce@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried yum update kernel but it is not updating to the new kernel.It says
> no packages marked for update.When will the new kernel come into the fedora
> repositories?

The Red Hat kernel is not the stock kernel from kernel.org. Therefore it takes
time for the Red Hat guys to do what they do, and test it, before releasing it
to the big wide world.

The answer to your question is most accurately stated as "when, and if, it's
ready."

Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 PM
"Rohan Kulkarni"

Hi,
*** But usually the releases are out pretty soon...this time it has taken a lot of time...even kernel 2.6.23.8 was not included in the fedora repositories.I want to upgrade as am facing a problem and I suspect it is a problem with my kernel..The problem is that am able to write to my USB drive at only a speed of 1MB/s average which is too slow..The same in Windows happens at around 8-10MB/s...if the kernel is not the problem what might be the problem???