-   -   F8 - Building vim failu tgetent() not found (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/7251-f8-building-vim-failu-tgetent-not-found.html)

Richard Emberson 11-28-2007 12:42 PM

F8 - Building vim failu tgetent() not found

On newly installed fedora 8, trying to build vim from the svn
head. Running the configure script produced:

checking for stack_t... (cached) yes
checking whether stack_t has an ss_base field... no
checking --with-tlib argument... empty: automatic terminal library selection
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... (cached) yes
ncurses library is not usable
checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... yes
curses library is not usable
no terminal library found
checking for tgetent()... configure: error: NOT FOUND!
You need to install a terminal library; for example ncurses.
Or specify the name of the library with --with-tlib.

With earlier fedora installs, the vim configure script just
worked.
Any pointers as to what I might have forgotten to install.

[vim7]$ locate libterm
/lib/libtermcap.so.2
/lib/libtermcap.so.2.0.8
[vim7]$ locate libncur
/lib/libncurses.so.5
/lib/libncurses.so.5.6
/usr/lib/libncurses.so
/usr/lib/libncursesw.so
/usr/lib/libncursesw.so.5
/usr/lib/libncursesw.so.5.6

Thanks.

Richard

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes:
may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,

Tony Nelson 11-28-2007 03:46 PM

At 5:42 AM -0800 11/28/07, Richard Emberson wrote:
>On newly installed fedora 8, trying to build vim from the svn
>head. Running the configure script produced:
>
>checking for stack_t... (cached) yes
>checking whether stack_t has an ss_base field... no
>checking --with-tlib argument... empty: automatic terminal library selection
>checking for tgetent in -lncurses... (cached) yes
>ncurses library is not usable
>checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
>checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
>checking for tgetent in -lcurses... yes
>curses library is not usable
>no terminal library found
>checking for tgetent()... configure: error: NOT FOUND!
> You need to install a terminal library; for example ncurses.
> Or specify the name of the library with --with-tlib.
>

>With earlier fedora installs, the vim configure script just
>worked.
>Any pointers as to what I might have forgotten to install.

ncurses-devel?