Old 11-19-2007, 05:48 PM
François Patte

Default twinview f8

Old 11-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Gilboa Davara

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 19:48 +0100, François Patte wrote:

> Gilboa Davara a écrit :
> > On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 19:19 +0100, François Patte wrote:
> >>
> >> Bonjour,
> >>
> >> Anyone experienced twinview under f8?
> >>

> > By twinview you mean nVidia twinview?
>
> Yes. And it is now also working for me but without my gnome config....
> Something in my config, that I borrowed from fc6, blocks the gnome-panel
> at login and I cannot do anything. So I have, one more time, to change
> my config.

Being a KDE user I can't really help you. Sorry.

> Why the configs are not fully compatible from one fedora version to
> another??? I had some similar problems when I upgraded from fc4 to fc6.

AFAIR FC6 shipped with GNOME 2.16 while F8 has GNOME 2.20.
A lot of features were added between the two releases... I'd venture and
guess that one of these features/bugs broke your Xinerama support.

Granted, I have the same /home since F2... but KDE did really change
much since ~F4. (Minor 3.5.x releases)

Most likely I'll have to rebuild my configuration from scratch once KDE4
is released.

> Thanks for your answer.

No problem.

-Gilboa