-   -   Contact list for KDE user? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/712465-contact-list-kde-user.html)

Timothy Murphy 10-15-2012 03:02 PM

Contact list for KDE user?

As far as I can see, KAddressBook/Kontact has become
completely non-functional,
with entered contacts being entirely invisible
except when exported as a CSV list.

In my experience, KAddressBook has always been pretty bad,
but it has now become, as I said, completely useless.
(I asked about this on the KDE mailing list,
but the only response I got was from someone else
who said he had the same experience.)

I'm beginning to think that maybe Google Contacts
is the only practical solution?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

jarmo 10-15-2012 04:17 PM

Contact list for KDE user?

Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:02:22 +0100
Timothy Murphy <gayleard@eircom.net> kirjoitti:

> As far as I can see, KAddressBook/Kontact has become
> completely non-functional,
> with entered contacts being entirely invisible
> except when exported as a CSV list.
>
> In my experience, KAddressBook has always been pretty bad,
> but it has now become, as I said, completely useless.
> (I asked about this on the KDE mailing list,
> but the only response I got was from someone else
> who said he had the same experience.)
>
> I'm beginning to think that maybe Google Contacts
> is the only practical solution?

Same here, lost lots of adresses, in some update, can't find them
anymore. Same as lots of saved messages. Whole KDEPIM mystery is
unusable for me.
I started to use Claws-Mail. There I can store mails and adresses into
readable format and read them with ordinary editor.

And it's this stupid Akonadi/Nepomut nonsense... GRRRR!