FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Gordon Messmer
 
Default No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

On 10/14/2012 08:49 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Things are kind of working right now. Any pointers?


Does the problem affect user accounts other than the one you've been
using?

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Robert Moskowitz
 
Default No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

On 10/14/2012 01:53 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:

On 10/14/2012 08:49 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Things are kind of working right now. Any pointers?


Does the problem affect user accounts other than the one you've been
using?


It is the ONLY user account on this system. Well other than root.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 10-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Gordon Messmer
 
Default No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

On 10/14/2012 01:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

It is the ONLY user account on this system. Well other than root.


So, add another account and see if it's affected the same way. That'll
tell you whether the problem is somewhere in the system or in your user
profile.


If the new user account is affected, start looking in /var/log. Look at
the messages file to determine when the system last booted before the
problem began. Then look at yum's log to see what patches were applied
recently.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Robert Moskowitz
 
Default No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

On 10/14/2012 04:30 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:

On 10/14/2012 01:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

It is the ONLY user account on this system. Well other than root.


So, add another account and see if it's affected the same way. That'll
tell you whether the problem is somewhere in the system or in your
user profile.


If the new user account is affected, start looking in /var/log. Look
at the messages file to determine when the system last booted before
the problem began. Then look at yum's log to see what patches were
applied recently.


Let's see. On Oct 2 I did a large update then rebooted. Sep 23 was the
prior update.


Then on Oct 7 I installed Kismet to try and figure out my son's appt
wireless mess. Was not successful, and just switched to wired. But
Kismet is on the system still and the problems started shortly after the
install (on the 9th).


So how can I tell if Kismet server is running? I suppose unistalling it
might be wise.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."
 
Default No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

On 10/14/2012 05:10 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

On 10/14/2012 04:30 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:

On 10/14/2012 01:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

It is the ONLY user account on this system. Well other than root.


So, add another account and see if it's affected the same way.
That'll tell you whether the problem is somewhere in the system or in
your user profile.


If the new user account is affected, start looking in /var/log. Look
at the messages file to determine when the system last booted before
the problem began. Then look at yum's log to see what patches were
applied recently.


Let's see. On Oct 2 I did a large update then rebooted. Sep 23 was
the prior update.


Then on Oct 7 I installed Kismet to try and figure out my son's appt
wireless mess. Was not successful, and just switched to wired. But
Kismet is on the system still and the problems started shortly after
the install (on the 9th).


So how can I tell if Kismet server is running? I suppose unistalling
it might be wise.
Just my "two cents"?.....make sure there are no "dependencies" that are
attached to Kismet before you un-install it. I had a nightmare situation
where I had installed something (can't remember now....it was between
F12 & F14....I think!) and when I did the uninstall, and that little
window popped open telling me that there were dependencies that would
"go" along with the app I was ditching, I didn't notice that there were
some things on that list that I NEEDED.......long story short....By F15
I was installing from scratch, because I was a little too "quick" with
the click-finger!



EGO II
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 10-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Robert Moskowitz
 
Default No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

On 10/14/2012 05:15 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:

On 10/14/2012 05:10 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

On 10/14/2012 04:30 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:

On 10/14/2012 01:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

It is the ONLY user account on this system. Well other than root.


So, add another account and see if it's affected the same way.
That'll tell you whether the problem is somewhere in the system or
in your user profile.


If the new user account is affected, start looking in /var/log. Look
at the messages file to determine when the system last booted before
the problem began. Then look at yum's log to see what patches were
applied recently.


Let's see. On Oct 2 I did a large update then rebooted. Sep 23 was
the prior update.


Then on Oct 7 I installed Kismet to try and figure out my son's appt
wireless mess. Was not successful, and just switched to wired. But
Kismet is on the system still and the problems started shortly after
the install (on the 9th).


So how can I tell if Kismet server is running? I suppose unistalling
it might be wise.
Just my "two cents"?.....make sure there are no "dependencies" that
are attached to Kismet before you un-install it. I had a nightmare
situation where I had installed something (can't remember now....it
was between F12 & F14....I think!) and when I did the uninstall, and
that little window popped open telling me that there were dependencies
that would "go" along with the app I was ditching, I didn't notice
that there were some things on that list that I NEEDED.......long
story short....By F15 I was installing from scratch, because I was a
little too "quick" with the click-finger!


Been burned by that too. And as more in XP than Linux. The Kismet
plugins were installed as a dependency, so I will specifically uninstall
both.



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:17 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org