-   -   No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/712278-no-kyb-mouse-hang-f16-lenovo-x120e-cannot-resume-out-suspend-mode.html)

Gordon Messmer 10-14-2012 05:53 PM

No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

Things are kind of working right now. Any pointers?

Does the problem affect user accounts other than the one you've been
using?

Robert Moskowitz 10-14-2012 08:01 PM

No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

Things are kind of working right now. Any pointers?

Does the problem affect user accounts other than the one you've been
using?

It is the ONLY user account on this system. Well other than root.

Gordon Messmer 10-14-2012 08:30 PM

No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

It is the ONLY user account on this system. Well other than root.

So, add another account and see if it's affected the same way. That'll
tell you whether the problem is somewhere in the system or in your user
profile.

If the new user account is affected, start looking in /var/log. Look at
the messages file to determine when the system last booted before the
problem began. Then look at yum's log to see what patches were applied
recently.

Robert Moskowitz 10-14-2012 09:10 PM

No kyb/mouse hang - F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

It is the ONLY user account on this system. Well other than root.

So, add another account and see if it's affected the same way. That'll
tell you whether the problem is somewhere in the system or in your
user profile.

If the new user account is affected, start looking in /var/log. Look
at the messages file to determine when the system last booted before
the problem began. Then look at yum's log to see what patches were
applied recently.

Let's see. On Oct 2 I did a large update then rebooted. Sep 23 was the
prior update.

Then on Oct 7 I installed Kismet to try and figure out my son's appt
wireless mess. Was not successful, and just switched to wired. But
Kismet is on the system still and the problems started shortly after the
install (on the 9th).

So how can I tell if Kismet server is running? I suppose unistalling it
might be wise.

"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr." 10-14-2012 09:15 PM

[...]

Just my "two cents"?.....make sure there are no "dependencies" that are
attached to Kismet before you un-install it. I had a nightmare situation
where I had installed something (can't remember now....it was between
F12 & F14....I think!) and when I did the uninstall, and that little
window popped open telling me that there were dependencies that would
"go" along with the app I was ditching, I didn't notice that there were
some things on that list that I NEEDED.......long story short....By F15
I was installing from scratch, because I was a little too "quick" with
the click-finger!

EGO II

Robert Moskowitz 10-14-2012 10:00 PM

[...]

Been burned by that too. And as more in XP than Linux. The Kismet
plugins were installed as a dependency, so I will specifically uninstall
both.