Old 10-14-2012, 01:22 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Default F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

This started last friday. Basically if I suspend the system comes up
but no video and no keyboard response. Power switch off does not seem
to work, I have to pull AC and battery and I hear the drive stop.

This started when I had some runaway tasks that were eating up all my
CPU (only single core model) so I was switching to terminal 2
<ctl-alt-sft-F2>, running top, figuring out what might be going crazy,
switching back to terminal 1 and stopping programs. After about 5 of
these switchs, no switching back to terminal 1 and reboot and poweroff
did not do anything (actually no keyboard response). I ended up pulling
the battery. Since then suspend has stopped working right; don't know
if they are related.

This evening, I powered up, applied all updates, powered down, powered
up, powered down, powered up, THEN tried suspend and no dice still.

I WAS traveling and thursday, the notebook was in my backback on a 9
hour drive, but not particularly bounced around. It came out of suspend
just fine friday morning. Or so it seemed.

Advice for trouble shooting? I really don't want to reinstall Fedora, I
was hoping to wait until F18 for the next OS install.