-   -   a better way to install ttf fonts (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/710819-better-way-install-ttf-fonts.html)

Matthew Miller 10-09-2012 11:59 AM

a better way to install ttf fonts

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 10:33:14PM -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> The above reminds me about that joke about Unix being user friendly...
> "it´s just selective about whom his friends are".

So, one _could_ go through all that rigmarole. Or, you could just download
the ttf files and drop them in ~/.fonts in your home directory (create it if
it doesn't exist), and there you are. All done.

It's not system-wide, but arguably that's an advantage -- you can easily
keep it in your personal home directory backups and it's easily preserved
across any reinstalls.

--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>