-   -   K3B won't burn Imaqe (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/710646-k3b-wont-burn-imaqe.html)

Jim 10-08-2012 09:24 PM

K3B won't burn Imaqe

Fedora 15 an 17

Trying to burn Fedora image on CD-R , the disk is new.

When opening the k3b Create window it shows blank media in cd/dvd
burner, but in the burn window it is telling you place blank cd in drve
, even if you open and close drive it sill does not show a blank Cd and
you can't burn.

I have burn cd/dvd's in this drive.

John Pilkington 10-08-2012 10:23 PM

K3B won't burn Imaqe

Trying to burn Fedora image on CD-R , the disk is new.

When opening the k3b Create window it shows blank media in cd/dvd
burner, but in the burn window it is telling you place blank cd in drve
, even if you open and close drive it sill does not show a blank Cd and
you can't burn.

I have burn cd/dvd's in this drive.

If you're trying to burn an .iso image you need the 'Tools' menu.

Jim 10-08-2012 10:31 PM

K3B won't burn Imaqe

Trying to burn Fedora image on CD-R , the disk is new.

When opening the k3b Create window it shows blank media in cd/dvd
burner, but in the burn window it is telling you place blank cd in drve
, even if you open and close drive it sill does not show a blank Cd and
you can't burn.

I have burn cd/dvd's in this drive.

If you're trying to burn an .iso image you need the 'Tools' menu.

That is where I started Tools > Burn Image but that does not help, It
won't let me me Start, It is still shaded .

Kevin Martin 10-09-2012 08:27 AM

K3B won't burn Imaqe

On 10/09/12 06:48, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 18:31 -0400, Jim wrote:

>>> If you're trying to burn an .iso image you need the 'Tools' menu.
>>>

>> That is where I started Tools > Burn Image but that does not help, It
>> won't let me me Start, It is still shaded .
>
> Try a different model of blank CD (cheap ones can fail to be detected
> properly).
>
> Try a different burning app such as Brasero.
>
> Can you read existing CDs using the same drive?
>
> poc

Does it fail if your root when trying to burn or just as a regular user?

Kevin Martin 10-09-2012 08:28 AM

K3B won't burn Imaqe

On 10/09/12 06:48, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 18:31 -0400, Jim wrote:

>>> If you're trying to burn an .iso image you need the 'Tools' menu.
>>>

>> That is where I started Tools > Burn Image but that does not help, It
>> won't let me me Start, It is still shaded .
>
> Try a different model of blank CD (cheap ones can fail to be detected
> properly).
>
> Try a different burning app such as Brasero.
>
> Can you read existing CDs using the same drive?
>
> poc

Does it fail if you're root when trying to burn or just as a regular user?

Patrick O'Callaghan 10-09-2012 11:48 AM

K3B won't burn Imaqe

John Pilkington 10-09-2012 01:31 PM

K3B won't burn Imaqe

On 08/10/12 22:24, Jim wrote:

Fedora 15 an 17

Trying to burn Fedora image on CD-R , the disk is new.

When opening the k3b Create window it shows blank media in cd/dvd
burner, but in the burn window it is telling you place blank cd in drve
, even if you open and close drive it sill does not show a blank Cd and
you can't burn.

I have burn cd/dvd's in this drive.

If you're trying to burn an .iso image you need the 'Tools' menu.

That is where I started Tools > Burn Image but that does not help, It
won't let me me Start, It is still shaded .

Try a different model of blank CD (cheap ones can fail to be detected
properly).

Try a different burning app such as Brasero.

Can you read existing CDs using the same drive?

poc

Obvious questions; sorry. I just tried inserting a blank CD-R disk when
I had a DVD-sized .iso and the results were similar to what you
describe. How big is the image? Is it known to be good?

Perhaps being paranoid, I use the burn-and-verify option, and when I
create the .iso files I use implantisomd5 as well; but if you still
can't see the disk that won't help :-(

John P

Jim 10-09-2012 04:07 PM

K3B won't burn Imaqe

wrote:

On 08/10/12 22:24, Jim wrote:

[...]

The Image is a Fedora-18 Alpha cd 768mb.

The CD I trying to burn are the samme CD I have been burning Images
in the past,** TDK CD's.

I JUST discovered it was my fault. tried Brasero and it
told me that I had to use a larger cap. disk,

but when you burn a Image in K3B it does not tell you this. all
Fedora Images I have burn in the past was under 700mb the Fedora
18 image is 769mb.

Thanks guys for your help. **********