Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
manifestoe

Default installing Microsoft fonts: chkfontpath not found

Try this instead ...

rpm -i
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mscorefonts2/rpms/msttcore-fonts-installer-2.2-1.noarch.rpm

This rpm installs the fonts from sourceforge at install time, it does not
contain the fonts. In addition, it pulls in updated fonts from the EUupdate
font set, and installs the fonts correctly to X core and Xft.

chkfontpath is old. mkfontscale, mkfontdir, fc-cache are more up to date.
also, /etc/fonts/conf.d and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d.

You need to use all those to add the fonts to Xft and X core. But that's
all in the above rpm.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Sergio

> This rpm installs the fonts from sourceforge at install
> time, it does not
> contain the fonts.* In addition, it pulls in updated
> fonts from the EUupdate
> font set, and installs the fonts correctly to X core and
> Xft.
>
> chkfontpath is old.* mkfontscale, mkfontdir, fc-cache
> are more up to date.
> also, /etc/fonts/conf.d and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d.
>
> You need to use all those to add the fonts to Xft and X
> core.* But that's
> all in the above rpm.

Hi, thanks for this. Just to make sure, I have this rpm installed: http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f17.html#ttf
It just installs the font files to /usr/share/fonts/msttcore
The fonts are available for X (like in font manager) but ain't available for instance in xfontsel.
If I use your package it would be better?

Old 10-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Fernando Cassia

It just installs the font files to /usr/share/fonts/msttcore

The fonts are available for X (like in font manager) but ain't available for instance in xfontsel.

If I use your package it would be better?
Sorry but I´m curious... what has made this thread resurrect after 4 months?

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell

Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Sergio

The newly available rpm package.