Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 AM
Roger

Default Bit of a problem with FireFox in Fedora 16

Using my Fedora 16 on a home installation as a development system.

I have 2 sites on VPS remote server, one for dev and one as a live site
both using Drupal 7 fully updated.
Developing on the dev site, using Drupal 7 firefox locks up for about 3
minutes with one of my CPU's running at 98% with 2 gig memory running at
88%. Other CPU at 12-14%. Once the CPU and memory drop off it's back to
normal.
I do note that it seems to be only one function in Drupal where this
happens, changing a Content Type settings.
Does not happen with making similar changes in the the live site which
is on the same server but different directory.

Is it likely that SELinux may be causing this, if so how do I check and
what should I look at to try to fix please.

What other things would cause a lock up of firefox for such a long time.
Other apps work but slowly because of memory and CPU usage, mouse and
keyboard works.

None of this happens with the same drupal install on my home dev system.
I have run out of ideas on where to look to find causes so if anyone can
advise that'd be great.

Thanks in advance
Roger

Old 10-08-2012, 11:34 AM