-   -   Repeated segfaults in F17 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/710380-repeated-segfaults-f17.html)

Temlakos 10-08-2012 02:38 AM

Repeated segfaults in F17

Beginning about an hour ago, I've been hit with a ton of application terminations. All of them say the same thing: "Signal 11 (SIGSEGV). Which I believe translates as "Signal segmentation violation."

If it were the same application, that would be one thing. But at least two, and maybe three, applications are running into this:

vlc

skype-2.2.0.35-2.x86_64 (And by the way: that program worked for the past two days.)

And maybe:

thunderbird

Thunderbird, as I said in another thread, has been crashing with every action I try to take, especially composing new messages, replies, and forwards.
--
Temlakos <temlakos@gmail.com>

JD 10-08-2012 03:05 AM

Repeated segfaults in F17

Beginning about an hour ago, I've been hit with a ton of application
terminations. All of them say the same thing: "Signal 11 (SIGSEGV).
Which I believe translates as "Signal segmentation violation."

If it were the same application, that would be one thing. But at least
two, and maybe three, applications are running into this:

vlc

skype-2.2.0.35-2.x86_64 (And by the way: that program worked for the
past two days.)

And maybe:

thunderbird

Thunderbird, as I said in another thread, has been crashing with every
action I try to take, especially composing new messages, replies, and
forwards.

See the program www.mem*test*86.com
Download the iso and burn it onto a cd
or install the memtester rpm from fedora repo, and it will be installed
as one of the

grub.cfg menu entries. Boot it to see if you are having mem hardware issues.