-   -   gnome-shell connect to yahoo.com (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/709797-gnome-shell-connect-yahoo-com.html)

Dario Lesca 10-05-2012 07:53 AM

gnome-shell connect to yahoo.com

Why my gnome-shell is connect to yahoo.com ?

> [root@dodo ~]# netstat -natp|grep 80
> tcp 0 0 10.9.2.105:47580 98.139.53.227:80 ESTABLISHED 1555/gnome-shell
> [root@dodo ~]# host 98.139.53.227
> 227.53.139.98.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer yts.yql.vip.ac4.yahoo.com.

I have nothing to do with yahoo

It Is some gnome-shell-extension witch I have install ?

There a way to find out who is making this connection and disable it?

Many thanks

--
Dario Lesca - sip:dario@solinos.it
(Inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 17 Gnome3)

Michael Cronenworth 10-05-2012 01:11 PM

Dario Lesca wrote:
> I have nothing to do with yahoo
>
> It Is some gnome-shell-extension witch I have install ?
>
> There a way to find out who is making this connection and disable it?
>
> Many thanks

Do you have the weather extension? It uses Yahoo Weather. I would not be
concerned about it.

Dario Lesca 10-05-2012 01:36 PM

gnome-shell connect to yahoo.com

Il giorno ven, 05/10/2012 alle 08.11 -0500, Michael Cronenworth ha
scritto:
> Dario Lesca wrote:
> > I have nothing to do with yahoo
> >
> > It Is some gnome-shell-extension witch I have install ?
> >
> > There a way to find out who is making this connection and disable it?
> >
> > Many thanks
>
> Do you have the weather extension? It uses Yahoo Weather. I would not be
> concerned about it.

Yes, it's weather extension, I found it with the legendary grep.

Thanks.