Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Matthew Miller

Default a friendly nudge to stay on topic

Hey everyone. While issues about the motivations behind free and open source
software are very relevant to Fedora, an extended left/right debate isn't.

We're not going to solve that here. Let's stipulate that reasonable people
can disagree on the big political issues and leave them aside for this
mailing list, and work together to build and use Fedora regardless of our
motivations.

Thanks!

--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>

Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 AM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."

Hey everyone. While issues about the motivations behind free and open source
software are very relevant to Fedora, an extended left/right debate isn't.

We're not going to solve that here. Let's stipulate that reasonable people
can disagree on the big political issues and leave them aside for this
mailing list, and work together to build and use Fedora regardless of our
motivations.

Thanks!

Well said!........That being said I have a "stoopid" question: Will
there ever be a time when vendors will sell "Fedora" equipped laptops /
desktops / servers?.....just curious is all....as opposed to having to
buy the hardware and then install Fedora yourself that is...

EGO II

Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 AM
John Wendel

Hey everyone. While issues about the motivations behind free and open
source
software are very relevant to Fedora, an extended left/right debate
isn't.

We're not going to solve that here. Let's stipulate that reasonable
people

can disagree on the big political issues and leave them aside for this
mailing list, and work together to build and use Fedora regardless of
our

motivations.

Thanks!

Well said!........That being said I have a "stoopid" question: Will
there ever be a time when vendors will sell "Fedora" equipped laptops
/ desktops / servers?.....just curious is all....as opposed to having
to buy the hardware and then install Fedora yourself that is...

EGO II
ZaReason will sell you one with Fedora 17 installed (or ubuntu, Suse,
debian, ...). See their web site, zareason.com.

John

Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."

[...]

Cool.....thanks! I had checked them out once before, a while back but I
coudn't recall if Fedora was one of the "options" in regards to
installed OS'es!

EGO II

Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Alan Cox

> Well said!........That being said I have a "stoopid" question: Will
> there ever be a time when vendors will sell "Fedora" equipped laptops /
> desktops / servers?.....just curious is all....as opposed to having to
> buy the hardware and then install Fedora yourself that is...

I would be surprised. Ubuntu LTS maybe, Fedora I doubt it. Cutting edge
technology and 'minimising support cost' don't mix well.

Alan