-   -   a friendly nudge to stay on topic (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/709355-friendly-nudge-stay-topic.html)

Matthew Miller 10-03-2012 03:12 PM

a friendly nudge to stay on topic

Hey everyone. While issues about the motivations behind free and open source
software are very relevant to Fedora, an extended left/right debate isn't.

We're not going to solve that here. Let's stipulate that reasonable people
can disagree on the big political issues and leave them aside for this
mailing list, and work together to build and use Fedora regardless of our
motivations.

Thanks!

--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>

"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr." 10-04-2012 02:23 AM

a friendly nudge to stay on topic

Hey everyone. While issues about the motivations behind free and open source
software are very relevant to Fedora, an extended left/right debate isn't.

We're not going to solve that here. Let's stipulate that reasonable people
can disagree on the big political issues and leave them aside for this
mailing list, and work together to build and use Fedora regardless of our
motivations.

Thanks!

Well said!........That being said I have a "stoopid" question: Will
there ever be a time when vendors will sell "Fedora" equipped laptops /
desktops / servers?.....just curious is all....as opposed to having to
buy the hardware and then install Fedora yourself that is...

EGO II

John Wendel 10-04-2012 03:14 AM

[...]

ZaReason will sell you one with Fedora 17 installed (or ubuntu, Suse,
debian, ...). See their web site, zareason.com.

John

"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr." 10-04-2012 09:29 AM

[...]

Cool.....thanks! I had checked them out once before, a while back but I
coudn't recall if Fedora was one of the "options" in regards to
installed OS'es!

EGO II

Alan Cox 10-04-2012 11:15 AM

a friendly nudge to stay on topic

> Well said!........That being said I have a "stoopid" question: Will
> there ever be a time when vendors will sell "Fedora" equipped laptops /
> desktops / servers?.....just curious is all....as opposed to having to
> buy the hardware and then install Fedora yourself that is...

I would be surprised. Ubuntu LTS maybe, Fedora I doubt it. Cutting edge
technology and 'minimising support cost' don't mix well.

Alan