-   -   gmone took over my desktop -- I want XFCE back (F17) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/709298-gmone-took-over-my-desktop-i-want-xfce-back-f17.html)

Terry Polzin 10-03-2012 12:07 PM

gmone took over my desktop -- I want XFCE back (F17)

System rebooted overnight on it's own somehow Gnome has takenover.
How do I reset the default desktop in F17/

Terry Polzin 10-03-2012 12:20 PM

On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 08:07 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> System rebooted overnight on it's own somehow Gnome has takenover.
> How do I reset the default desktop in F17/

OK found desktop selection dropdown on login screen and changed it. I
got my XFCE desktop back. But what could have changed it in the first
place? Is there a way to set a default anymore? It used to be done
in /etc/sysconfig/desktop but that seems to have gone to the wayside.