-   -   Samsung ML-1666 printer driver problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/709227-samsung-ml-1666-printer-driver-problem.html)

Joachim Backes 10-03-2012 06:24 AM

Samsung ML-1666 printer driver problem

On 10/03/2012 07:13 AM, Junayeed Ahnaf wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm attaching a link of a screenshot. This is the kind of problem I'm facing: http://i.imgur.com/zg8Bn.png
>

> Any tips what to do now? Thanks :-)
>

> Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor

Hi,

seems you are using the samsung package. Did you try to install the
*splix* package from the Fedora repo? It's simple to use, and I made
good experience.

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Jim 10-03-2012 04:12 PM

On 10/03/2012 01:26 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:

On 10/02/2012 10:13 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf wrote:

Hello,

I'm attaching a link of a screenshot. This is the kind of problem I'm
facing: http://i.imgur.com/zg8Bn.png

Any tips what to do now? Thanks :-)

Have you tried reinstalling the driver package? Not uninstalling it
and installing it again, just having yum reinstall it. It may bring
in the missing script. And, have you tried using the CUPS web
interface at http://127.0.0.1:631/ to see if you can get any more
information from it?

I have a Samsung laser printer and had the same problems.
Restart your computer.
The Samsung drivers has a BIG problem of Selinux shutting down the Driver.

Daniel J Walsh 10-03-2012 09:02 PM

Samsung ML-1666 printer driver problem