Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Doug

Default A note on youtube-dl

On 10/1/2012 5:04 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:

On 30/09/12 11:22, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

Hi folks! :-)

Just a small note... I just tried and found out that the youtube-dl
doesn't

work anymore. Reading the youtube-dl FAQ page, it says that YouTube has
changed the protocol again (since September 2012) and that we should
update

the script to the latest version.

Never had a problem with:
http://www.downloadhelper.net/

hth other ff users
I went to the link to download the downloadhelper, but I couldn't find a
download
button anywhere, and I don't want some fink software messing with my
registry

or trying to sell me something I don't want or need. Where can I go to just
download the downloadhelper AND NOTHING ELSE?

--doug

Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Doug

Just a small note... I just tried and found out that the youtube-dl
doesn't
work anymore. Reading the youtube-dl FAQ page, it says that YouTube
has

changed the protocol again (since September 2012) and that we should
update
the script to the latest version.

Never had a problem with:
http://www.downloadhelper.net/

hth other ff users

I went to the link to download the downloadhelper, but I couldn't find a
download
button anywhere, and I don't want some fink software messing with my
registry
or trying to sell me something I don't want or need. Where can I go to
just
download the downloadhelper AND NOTHING ELSE?

--doug

In Firefox select Tools->Add-ons and enter "downloadhelper" into the
search box. I've had luck with "Video DownloadHelper 4.9.10".

I tried the first.. Right now, I'm in Windows XP Pro. What happened is
a little circle going around in the middle of a window, "loading"
for the program. I put in the second, but the little search circle was
still going around from the first, and won't stop, so I don't know if

--doug

Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Doug