Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
JD

Default mpeg2enc problem

I am trying to encode an mp4 video to mpeg-2 using mpeg2enc as follows

mpeg2enc -v 0 -f 9 -l h -b 8000KB --video-buffer 65535KB -F 5 -X 1280 -y
800 -a 312 --no-constraints -o Video_12.dvd < Video_12.mp4

resulting in the fatal error:

**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] -v option requires arg 20..4000
--verbose|-v num
Level of verbosity. 0 = quiet, 1 = normal 2 = verbose/debug

But I am already providing the option -v 0 to keep it quiet.
Anyone familiar with this util?

PS: I tried to us ffmpeg, and it created an mpeg2 file full of warnings
of discontinuity and requiring the re-multiplexing of input.

Thanx.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Bill Davidsen

JD wrote:

I am trying to encode an mp4 video to mpeg-2 using mpeg2enc as follows

mpeg2enc -v 0 -f 9 -l h -b 8000KB --video-buffer 65535KB -F 5 -X 1280 -y 800 -a
312 --no-constraints -o Video_12.dvd < Video_12.mp4

resulting in the fatal error:

**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] -v option requires arg 20..4000
--verbose|-v num
Level of verbosity. 0 = quiet, 1 = normal 2 = verbose/debug

I looked at the man page, and these values don't seem to match the use of the
options used. In particular -a supposedly takes a value from 1..4, and did you
mean -x where you use -X? Can't really help beyond that.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>