Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Buday Gergely

Default php and mysqli

Hi there,
*
the following code fails on my fedora 17 box:
*
<?php
*
mysqli_init();
*
?>
*
PHP Fatal error:* Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /home/gbuday/public_html/init.php on line 3
*
doing a grep around php –i, */etc/php.ini and /etc/php.d/ I get a seemingly ok configuration, see below. My versions of php and mysql are
*
$ php --version
PHP 5.4.6 (cli) (built: Aug 20 2012 11:30:18)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
$ mysql --version
mysql* Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.27, for Linux (i686) using readline 5.1
*
What other files I should look for the problem? How can I make mysqli work?
*
I have the following php and mysql packages installed:
*
$ rpm -qa|egrep '(mysql|php)'
php-process-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
mysql-5.5.27-1.fc17.i686
mysql-server-5.5.27-1.fc17.i686
php-cli-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-xml-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-ZendFramework-Db-Adapter-Mysqli-1.11.12-1.fc17.noarch
php-common-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-mysql-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-ZendFramework-1.11.12-1.fc17.noarch
php-devel-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
mysql-libs-5.5.27-1.fc17.i686
php-pdo-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-bcmath-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
*
- Gergely
*
php –i:
*
'--with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd' in configuration
*
mysqli
*
MysqlI Support => enabled
Client API library version => 5.5.27
Active Persistent Links => 0
Inactive Persistent Links => 0
Active Links => 0
Client API header version => 5.5.27
MYSQLI_SOCKET => /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
*
Directive => Local Value => Master Value
mysqli.allow_local_infile => On => On
mysqli.allow_persistent => On => On
mysqli.default_host => no value => no value
mysqli.default_port => 3306 => 3306
mysqli.default_pw => no value => no value
mysqli.default_socket => no value => no value
mysqli.default_user => no value => no value
mysqli.max_links => Unlimited => Unlimited
mysqli.max_persistent => Unlimited => Unlimited
mysqli.reconnect => Off => Off
*
/etc/php.ini :
*
; Maximum number of persistent links.* -1 means no limit.
; http://php.net/mysqli.max-persistent
mysqli.max_persistent = -1
*
; Allow accessing, from PHP's perspective, local files with LOAD DATA statements
; http://php.net/mysqli.allow_local_infile
mysqli.allow_local_infile = On
*
; Allow or prevent persistent links.
; http://php.net/mysqli.allow-persistent
mysqli.allow_persistent = On
*
; Maximum number of links.* -1 means no limit.
; http://php.net/mysqli.max-links
mysqli.max_links = -1
*
; If mysqlnd is used: Number of cache slots for the internal result set cache
; http://php.net/mysqli.cache_size
mysqli.cache_size = 2000
*
; Default port number for mysqli_connect().* If unset, mysqli_connect() will use
; the $MYSQL_TCP_PORT or the mysql-tcp entry in /etc/services or the
; compile-time value defined MYSQL_PORT (in that order).* Win32 will only look
; at MYSQL_PORT.
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-port
mysqli.default_port = 3306
*
; Default socket name for local MySQL connects.* If empty, uses the built-in
; MySQL defaults.
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-socket
mysqli.default_socket =
*
; Default host for mysql_connect() (doesn't apply in safe mode).
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-host
mysqli.default_host =
*
; Default user for mysql_connect() (doesn't apply in safe mode).
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-user
mysqli.default_user =
*
; Default password for mysqli_connect() (doesn't apply in safe mode).
; Note that this is generally a *bad* idea to store passwords in this file.
; *Any* user with PHP access can run 'echo get_cfg_var("mysqli.default_pw")
; and reveal this password!* And of course, any users with read access to this
; file will be able to reveal the password as well.
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-pw
mysqli.default_pw =
*
; Allow or prevent reconnect
mysqli.reconnect = Off
*
*
/etc/php.d $ cat mysql.ini
; Enable mysql extension module
extension=mysql.so
*

Old 09-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Jon Ingason

the following code fails on my fedora 17 box:

<?php

mysqli_init();

?>

I think you should read the manual (if you have not done that already).

Look at the following page, specially the example given there:

http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.real-connect.php

--
Regards
Jon Ingason

Old 09-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Gabriel VLASIU

Old 10-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Gergely Buday

>> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in
>> /home/gbuday/public_html/init.php on line 3

Thanks for all the explanations. It was something of shooting one's
foot: mysqld_safe was running and it was quite likely to be the source
of the error. Starting regular mysqld solved the problem.

- Gergely