Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Juan Carlos Camargo

Default pwdUpdateTime when password policies are applied.

I've installed 10.2.11.15 on a lab machine (fedora17) and set passwordTrackUpdateTime to on in config. This is the first time I'm testing this feature, I dont know if this also happens in former 10.2.11x versions. *I've noticed that whenever a password policy is applied to an user, either directly or inherited from branch/ou, the pwdUpdateTime stops updating upon password changes. If I remove the password policy then the attribute works as expected. Is this the correct behaviour?Regards.JC.

--

Juan Carlos Camargo Carrillo**

957-211157 , 650932877

Old 09-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Mark Reynolds

This is not expected behavior, and looking at the code I'm not sure
how that's possible.* Please file a ticket and include an exact
reproducible testcase.

https://fedorahosted.org/389/

Thanks,

Mark

installed 10.2.11.15 on a lab machine (fedora17) and set
passwordTrackUpdateTime to on in config. This is the first
time I'm testing this feature, I dont know if this also
happens in former 10.2.11x versions. *I've noticed that
whenever a password policy is applied to an user, either
directly or inherited from branch/ou, the pwdUpdateTime stops
updating upon password changes. If I remove the password
policy then the attribute works as expected. Is this the
correct behaviour?

Regards.
JC.

--

Juan Carlos Camargo
Carrillo**

957-211157
, 650932877

Mark Reynolds
Red Hat, Inc
mreynolds@redhat.com

Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Mark Reynolds

Juan,

I did reproduce the problem.* If you setup a subtree policy through
the console, it doesn't pull in the config setting.* I'll file the
ticket.

Mark

Old 09-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Mark Reynolds

Juan,

There is a work around to get it working on 1.2.11.15.* You need to
add these attributes to the "cn=cn=nsPwPolicyEntry,
dc=example,dc=com" or whatever subtree you added the policy to:

objectclass: extensibleObject

passwordTrackUpdateTime: on

In 1.2.11.16 this attribute will be added to the schema, so
"objectclass: extensibleObject" will not be required.* It will also
check the main config, and correctly enable this setting for
subtree/user password policies.* You will also be able to turn it
off for subtree/user policies if you so desire.

Regards,

Mark