-   -   Printing problem with acroread (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/707650-printing-problem-acroread.html)

Steven Stern 09-26-2012 08:57 PM

Printing problem with acroread

F17, AdobeReader_enu-9.5.1-1.i486

When I attempt to print from Acrobat Reader, I can print all pages or
the current page. But, an entering "4-5" in the "print only pages...."
box on the print dialog generates a 0K job in the print queue that is
stuck in the "processing" state.

Just me or anyone else seeing this?

--
-- Steve

Heinz Diehl 09-27-2012 06:38 AM

On 27.09.2012, Steven Stern wrote:

> F17, AdobeReader_enu-9.5.1-1.i486

[htd@wildsau ~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i adobe
adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch
AdobeReader_enu-9.5.1-1.i486

> When I attempt to print from Acrobat Reader, I can print all pages or
> the current page. But, an entering "4-5" in the "print only pages...."
> box on the print dialog generates a 0K job in the print queue that is
> stuck in the "processing" state.

Works for me, no problems here.

Ed Greshko 09-27-2012 06:56 AM

On 09/27/2012 02:38 PM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 27.09.2012, Steven Stern wrote:
>
>> F17, AdobeReader_enu-9.5.1-1.i486
> [htd@wildsau ~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i adobe
> adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch
> AdobeReader_enu-9.5.1-1.i486
>
>> When I attempt to print from Acrobat Reader, I can print all pages or
>> the current page. But, an entering "4-5" in the "print only pages...."
>> box on the print dialog generates a 0K job in the print queue that is
>> stuck in the "processing" state.
> Works for me, no problems here.

No problems here either.... on a 64 bit system....

[egreshko@meimei 2008]$ rpm -qa | grep -i adobe
adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch
AdobeReader_enu-9.5.1-1.i486

Heinz Diehl 09-27-2012 11:02 AM

On 27.09.2012, Ed Greshko wrote:

> adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch

Does it make a real difference if you are subscribed to the i386 or the x86_64
repository? I've always been using the i386 one on my 64-bit
machines..

Ed Greshko 09-27-2012 12:42 PM

On 09/27/2012 07:02 PM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 27.09.2012, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch
> Does it make a real difference if you are subscribed to the i386 or the x86_64
> repository? I've always been using the i386 one on my 64-bit
> machines..

No, I don't think it does.

"Errol Mangwiro " 09-27-2012 12:54 PM

Printing problem with acroread

Been there. On adobe reader 10.1 for windows
-------
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of*the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by*the sea, the World is less, as well as if a promontory were, as*well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any*man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind;*and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it*tolls for thee."

Klaus-Peter Schrage 09-27-2012 04:33 PM

Printing problem with acroread