Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default What package to have MTP?

Hi all

Running FC16 LXDE spin and having an Android 4.1 SGS2.
The telephone is configured to MTP when plugged to the PC.
The PC cannot browse the media in the telephone.

What package should I install in order to get it recognize the MTP?

I have alternate solutions such as FTP over WiFi, but it's slow and I
would like to to it USB.

Thank you.

--
RMA.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Terry Polzin

On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 17:55 +0300, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Running FC16 LXDE spin and having an Android 4.1 SGS2.
> The telephone is configured to MTP when plugged to the PC.
> The PC cannot browse the media in the telephone.
>
> What package should I install in order to get it recognize the MTP?
>
> I have alternate solutions such as FTP over WiFi, but it's slow and I
> would like to to it USB.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> RMA.

Why not configure phone as disk device???

Old 09-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Why not configure phone as disk device???

The Jelly Bean Android on SGS2 is not able to do so.
Only MTP/PTP

--
RMA.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 11:21 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 17:55 +0300, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Running FC16 LXDE spin and having an Android 4.1 SGS2.
> > The telephone is configured to MTP when plugged to the PC.
> > The PC cannot browse the media in the telephone.
> >
> > What package should I install in order to get it recognize the MTP?
> >
> > I have alternate solutions such as FTP over WiFi, but it's slow and I
> > would like to to it USB.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > --
> > RMA.
>
> Why not configure phone as disk device???

Discussed in a very recent thread on this list. Many current phones have
no removable storage, so Android prevents the device from being seen as
an external drive and forces the use of MTP or PTP.

I'm told this can be overcome by rooting the phone, but haven't tried it
yet. YMMV.

poc

Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Vikram Goyal

Give this a try. Install libnjb, libmtp, mtpfs*and gnomad2

Running FC16 LXDE spin and having an Android 4.1 SGS2.

The telephone is configured to MTP when plugged to the PC.

The PC cannot browse the media in the telephone.

What package should I install in order to get it recognize the MTP?

I have alternate solutions such as FTP over WiFi, but it's slow and I would like to to it USB.

Thank you.

--

RMA.

-- *
vikram...
* * * * * ||||||||
* * * * * ||||||||
^^'^^||root||^^^'^^

* * * ** // ** ))
* * * * //(( //
* * ** // / ||**
* * * || / )) ((* *
-- *
. o
~|~
. =

Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 11:34 +0530, Vikram Goyal wrote:
> Give this a try. Install libnjb, libmtp, mtpfs and gnomad2
>

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
> <mihamina@rktmb.org
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Running FC16 LXDE spin and having an Android 4.1 SGS2.
> > The telephone is configured to MTP when plugged to the PC.
> > The PC cannot browse the media in the telephone.
> >
> > What package should I install in order to get it recognize the MTP?
> >
> > I have alternate solutions such as FTP over WiFi, but it's slow and
> > would like to to it USB.

[Please don't top-post on this list; see the Guidelines]

"yum install gnomad2" will pull in the rest.

I'd never heard of this, perhaps because the word "Android" is mentioned
nowhere in the yum info or the man page, but it does actually seem to
work, for some values of "work". It's grindingly slow until you turn off
the "fetch full meta-data" preference -- which is on by default -- and
the UI needs attention. Also it segfaults on closing, but with these
caveats it did transfer a bunch of files quite quickly to my Galaxy
Nexus.

And it doesn't include a music player, which is a big plus in my
book :-)

poc