Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 AM
"Christoph A."

Default Huawei E1552 no longer connecting?

Hi,

I have problems to get the Huawei E1552 UTMS modem working, it used to
work with F14-16 (now I'm using F17)

I suppose usb_modeswitch is working as it should (see logfile).

But I'm not sure about these lines:

line 152 - 154:
NetworkManager[771]: <warn> /sys/devices/virtual/net/ppp0: couldn't
determine device driver; ignoring...
pppd[16863]: Modem hangup
pppd[16863]: Connection terminated.

entire loglines regarding the usb + network manager:
http://paste.org/54372 (189 lines)

What could the problem be?

thanks in advance,
Christoph

Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Hiisi

I used to use usb modems some time ago. So my knoweledge may be
outdated. I never used usb_switch. Instead I always configured modem
itself using minicom. The web is full of articles.
HTH

p.s. Sorry for top posting. Sent from cell phone.

On 23/09/2012, Christoph A. <casmls@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problems to get the Huawei E1552 UTMS modem working, it used to
> work with F14-16 (now I'm using F17)
>
> I suppose usb_modeswitch is working as it should (see logfile).
>
> But I'm not sure about these lines:
>
> line 152 - 154:
> NetworkManager[771]: <warn> /sys/devices/virtual/net/ppp0: couldn't
> determine device driver; ignoring...
> pppd[16863]: Modem hangup
> pppd[16863]: Connection terminated.
>
> entire loglines regarding the usb + network manager:
> http://paste.org/54372 (189 lines)
>
> What could the problem be?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Christoph