El mié, 19-09-2012 a las 13:04 -0700, Geoffrey Leach escribió:
I'm running Xfce on Fedora 17. Every so often (daily?) I loose the
keyboard. Mouse works fine. I've been trying to discover what
process is running before loss but not after. The only processes that
I've been able to identify are kworkers.
Are there any suggestions as to what the cause might be?
The only processes that I can identify from ps before and after are
kworkers, most often (but not exclusively) is [kworker/0:2] Is there
any way to identify what the kworkers are assigned to? (The problem has
continued over several kernels)
Logout-login cures the problem.
In the GDM/KDM menu there's an option to restart X. Also you
can restart X with
*Ctrl+Alt+Backspace*. Try choosing it (or typing it) and after this
log in your user as usual. Tell us if it works.
Have you VirtualBox(es) or somthing equivalent running?
I lost the keyboard with VirtualBox sometimes, and the following action
- Go into your VirtualBox Application.
- Right-Hand Down from the USB selector select the keyboard.
- The keyboard will then be irresponsive from your Main System, it will,
however, be responsive in your VirtualBox application.
- Again Right-Hand Down from the USB selector deselect the keyboard
- Now the keybord should be responsive from both the Main System and
from the VirtualBox application.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org