Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Jim

Default SOLVED - xorg.conf and Nouveau

On 09/19/2012 12:24 AM, Anthony Messina
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 05:17:25 PM Jim wrote:

Fedora 17 / KDE

Can I use the nouveau driver in xorg.conf to Lock in the resolution ?.

I have a computer that defaults to 1920x1080 and that resolution is to
high, and I have a older friend that will be using this computer and I
want to Lock into
1280x1024x75 .

I don't want to use the nvidia drivers they are to unstable and nouveau
drivers
are doing a good job on this computer.

Try adding something like the following to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, where
the "Identifier" is what you get from `xrandr -q`.

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DVI-I-1"
Option "PreferredMode" "1280x1024"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nouveau"
EndSection

-A

Thanks for the initial Info.

After I got it working* I found this a Fedoraproject.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_xorg.conf

This did the job:

Section "Monitor"

*** Identifier***** "VGA-1"