Old 09-19-2012, 02:10 AM
John Wendel

Default F17 - Sound quit working

Fedora 17 with updates from "updates testing".

My sound stopped working with the latest set of updates. The sound
device files don't get created, except for the "timer", and the sound
drivers don't get loaded.

The only error message I can find is in the messages log, "udevd[382]:
Error running install command for snd_pcm".

I fixed the problem by creating the /dev/snd files and running modprobe
for the kernel modules.

Anyone else seeing this problem? If it isn't just me I'll bugzilla.

Thanks,

John