Old 09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA"

Default Connect to nfs from iPad -

Does anyone have any experience connecting to an nfs4 server from an
iPad/

I know little more about the iPad than how to turn it on but there
are a couple of them on my LAN and I would like to give them access
to my file server. Google suggests I need to buy an Apple
application "Filebrowser" which I can do but am wondering if that's
the right approach?

Any help appreciated,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9

Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 PM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."

Does anyone have any experience connecting to an nfs4 server from an
iPad/

I know little more about the iPad than how to turn it on but there
are a couple of them on my LAN and I would like to give them access
to my file server. Google suggests I need to buy an Apple
application "Filebrowser" which I can do but am wondering if that's
the right approach?

Any help appreciated,

Bob

-- http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9

Have no knowledge of this at all, but I DID find this link....it helped
the person on the thread, maybe it'll help you too?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137937

EGO II

Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Patrick Kobly

It helped the person in the thread to set up an insecure NFS server. I wouldn't advise following the suggestions in that thread... I would suggest becoming familiar with how user Id mapping happens with NFS.

PK

Old 09-19-2012, 12:37 AM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."

[...]

My apologies....I really have no knowledge of the topic, but after
Googling the same question as the originator, this was the response I
got. I didn't mean to misguide anyone...my bad!...

EGO II

Old 09-19-2012, 01:09 AM
"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA"

On 18/09/12 20:37, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. types:

My apologies....I really have no knowledge of the topic, but after
Googling the same question as the originator, this was the response I
got. I didn't mean to misguide anyone...my bad!...

Don't feel bad, any and all help is appreciated. I will make my own
judgment as to what I will do.

Thanks,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9

Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Emilio Lopez

> Does anyone have any experience connecting to an nfs4 server from an
> iPad/

What about using ssh or ftp as server, and find any ios client that
support ssh or ftp?

Emilio.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 AM
"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA"

On 19/09/12 07:03, Emilio Lopez types:

Does anyone have any experience connecting to an nfs4 server from an
iPad/

What about using ssh or ftp as server, and find any ios client that
support ssh or ftp?

Emilio.

My son-in-law installed an application "Filebrowser" on it last
night so I will see if I can get that to work. According to what I
found on Google it has worked with Windows and hope it will work for
me with F-17. Will try that today.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9

Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Rick Stevens

On 09/19/2012 04:03 AM, Emilio Lopez uttered this comment:

Does anyone have any experience connecting to an nfs4 server from an
iPad/

What about using ssh or ftp as server, and find any ios client that
support ssh or ftp?

I believe the browser (Safari) on the iPad will do "ftp://"-style
URLs. I believe there's also Chrome for iPad which will do ftp:// for
certain.

There are some ssh/sftp and plain-old FTP clients available for the
iPad as well, but I don't know if any are free.