-   -   NX Server - BIG HEADACHE - BIG FIX (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/705156-nx-server-big-headache-big-fix.html)

Jim 09-18-2012 04:34 PM

NX Server - BIG HEADACHE - BIG FIX

I am on a Fedora 17 box

I Can connect to Server Computer using ssh -x jim@192.168.x.x

PROBLEM:

[root@desktop bin]# /usr/NX/bin/nxserver --status

NX> 900 Connecting to server ...
NX> 204 Authentication to NX server failed.
NX> 110 NX Server is stopped.
NX> 999 Bye.

SOLVING PROBLEM:

OMG!.. Thank you!! I have been working this issue for about 4 Days!.. I
found this thread that outlined the exact problem I was having.. linking
the

authorized_keys2 file to authorized_keys fixed everything!..

cd /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh
ln -s authorized_keys2 authorized_keys (On the Server Computer)

This is strange to me since I have 4 different computers with the
nxserver. None of the others needed to have the authorized_keys2 file
linked to the

other filename.

I have gave up trying to install Nomachine NX-Server on Fedora for last
few years, because of this same problem. And now I finally got it working.