Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Ranjan Maitra

Default freezing mouse (perhaps OT)

Dear friends,

I am not sure that Fedora has anything to do with this: quite likely,
this is my old computer (9+ years-old, Dell Precision 650 running F17
LXDE spin, every software component zealously updated).

For the past seven or ten days, my USB mouse has been freezing on me.
This happens quite frequently when any GUI (including sylpheed, but
most often firefox) is used. Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB
mouse takes care of the problem till the next freeze. At all points of
time, the keyboard is usable and I can type and move the focus using the
keyboard and appropriate keys.

My question is: what is causing this behavior? Is it a bad graphics
card (or hopefully, some software component). Or something else? Any
suggestions?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional

Old 09-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Patrick Lists

I am not sure that Fedora has anything to do with this: quite likely,
this is my old computer (9+ years-old, Dell Precision 650 running F17
LXDE spin, every software component zealously updated).

For the past seven or ten days, my USB mouse has been freezing on me.
This happens quite frequently when any GUI (including sylpheed, but
most often firefox) is used. Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB
mouse takes care of the problem till the next freeze. At all points of
time, the keyboard is usable and I can type and move the focus using the
keyboard and appropriate keys.

My question is: what is causing this behavior? Is it a bad graphics
card (or hopefully, some software component). Or something else? Any
suggestions?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

Not sure if this is the same but on an older laptop with F17 x86_64
GNOME3 with Ati X1200 graphics, the mouse, keyboard, dragging windows,
videos, music and pretty much everything else would freeze every ten
seconds for a second or two. I checked with top which process was at the
top at that moment. It seemed to be the lm_sensors service. After
stopping and disabling it the freeze went away.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick