Old 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Default F16 => F17 PreUpgrade Invalid Device ID Dumps to dracut > Shell (Neil Bird)

> I had grub issues after an upgrade (DVD-based, though), and mine
was down
(among *many* other things) to a stuffed /boot/grub2/device.map,
which I
then had to re-create from grub2-mkdevicemap (all done from a
recovery-boot

off an install DVD, chroot'ed into /mnt/sysimage).

I learnt (& have since forgotten, before you ask!) far more about
grub2

than I wanted that weekend ...

http://fnxweb.com/blog/2012/06/21/pain-with-grub2-when-upgrading-from-fedora-14-to-fedora-16/

Thanks for the info. Too many changes. I know grub well, but grub2 is
a learning experience.

I'll give this a try this evening.

Brian