Old 09-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Ed Greshko

Default Firefox tabs position -

On 09/17/2012 11:24 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> I have two F-17/64/XFCE computers with Firefox 15.0 installed.
>
> On one View > Toolbars > Tabs on Top allows me to put the tabs where
> I want them, not on top! On this computer that selection is missing.
>
> Perhaps the result of a day's difference in updates, if so I wont
> update Firefox on the other one since I prefer to control that.
>
> Anyone have an explanation, am I the only one to even care?

I don't really care...since I don't use firefox.... :-)

But, if you go to about:config and toggle the preference "browser.tabs.onTop" does it provide you with the behavior you seek?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:34 PM
"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA"

On 09/17/2012 11:31 AM, Ed Greshko types:

I don't really care...since I don't use firefox....:-)

But, if you go toabout:config and toggle the preference "browser.tabs.onTop" does it provide you with the behavior you seek?

Yes, I asked to soon! Google provided:

How do I put tabs back on bottom like they used to be?

1.

In the Location bar, type *about:config* and press Enter.

* The about:config /"This might void your warranty!"/
warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I
promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
2. In the *Search* field box at the top, type
*browser.tabs.onTop*.
3. Double-click the browser.tabs.onTop preference to set its
value to false.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9