Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Reindl Harald

Default No NetworkManager, no IN

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=335

Old 09-17-2012, 01:04 PM
fedora

try
systemctl start network.service

or the appropriate in your fedora version.

suomi

On 2012-09-17 14:11, Joe Feely wrote:

I'm using f16, kernel-3.4.9-2.fc16.i686.PAE

All was well until I starting a yum update (2 days ago), which advised
that I do a complete-transactions, and some checking for dupes, and a
couple of other things which I don't recall (sorry I'm not good at
recalling some details). I think that was what led me to inadvertently
deleted the NetworkManager stuff.

Underr f16 my PC doesn't now communicate with the router. They are
physically connected with an ethernet cable.
(I can access the IN using a live CD {I did so with Xubuntu 10.04.2 live CD}.)

In a terminal as root I get:-
[root@OfficeDT boot]# man NetworkManager
No manual entry for NetworkManager
[root@OfficeDT boot]# NetworkManager
bash: NetworkManager: command not found...

yum list installed, included:-

ModemManager.i686 0.5.3.96-1.fc16 @updates
NetworkManager-glib.i686 1:0.9.4-6.git20120521.fc16 @updates
NetworkManager-gtk.i686 1:0.9.4-6.git20120521.fc16 @updates
ORBit2.i686 2.14.19-2.fc15
@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201105131946.i686/15

with no other NetworkManager packages

Attempts to ping the router give:-
[root@OfficeDT Desktop]# ping 192.168.1.1
connect: Network is unreachable

This pings successfully from a lap top.

I was thinking of getting the appropriate NetworkManager rpm file and
simply install it. I had a look around online but not quite getting
it. Maybe I'm being too simplistic!

Any help?

TIA,
Joe

Old 09-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Joe Feely

On 17/09/12 13:13, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 17.09.2012 14:11, schrieb
Joe Feely:

>> I was thinking of getting
the appropriate NetworkManager rpm file and

>> simply install it. I had a look around online but not
quite getting

>> it. Maybe I'm being too simplistic!

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=335

Thanks Reindl Harald. Your reply put me right on track.

Fast too. I'm not sure if I had time to actually send the email
before you had replied :-)

Thanks,

Joe