Old 09-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Christopher Svanefalk

Default Slightly OT: Red Hat vs Twin Peaks

Interesting story at Groklaw...just thought I would share:

Best,
Christopher Svanefalk

Old 09-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Mark LaPierre

Interesting story at Groklaw...just thought I would share:

_
/(_)
^ ^ Mark LaPierre
Registerd Linux user No #267004
www.counter.li.org
****

Old 09-17-2012, 03:22 PM

Mark LaPierre wrote:

> Interesting story at Groklaw...just thought I would share:
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20120913073511444

Very interesting. I'm not sure I've ever heard of Twin Peaks, and Groklaw
notes they have almost no installed base, if I understood that correctly.

Gluster, on the other hand, has been around for years, and has a
fair-sized installed base, and is moderately well-known. One thing RH
seems to have in reserve is that the patent has not been enforced, and so
they've lost that right.

mark

Old 09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Joe Zeff