Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Edward M

Default grub2 confusing need to add simple setting

Hello,

I have not needed to touch grub2 config files until now
to add a simple setting and I am finding grub2 confusing.
How do I add nomodeset in grub2.
I miss the old grub:'(
.

Thanks

Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Mateusz Marzantowicz

On 16.09.2012 22:13, Edward M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have not needed to touch grub2 config files until now
> to add a simple setting and I am finding grub2 confusing.
> How do I add nomodeset in grub2.
> I miss the old grub:'(
> .
>
> Thanks

Try editing GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub. Remember to update
grub configuration with: grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg.

You may also try to pass nomodeset as command line parameter in grub's
boot menu to see if it works.

Mateusz Marzantowicz

Old 09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Edward M

Try editing GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub. Remember to update
grub configuration with: grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg.

this did the trick.

thanks