-   -   grub2 confusing need to add simple setting (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/704437-grub2-confusing-need-add-simple-setting.html)

Edward M 09-16-2012 08:13 PM

grub2 confusing need to add simple setting

Hello,

I have not needed to touch grub2 config files until now
to add a simple setting and I am finding grub2 confusing.
How do I add nomodeset in grub2.
I miss the old grub:'(
.

Thanks

Mateusz Marzantowicz 09-16-2012 09:22 PM

On 16.09.2012 22:13, Edward M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have not needed to touch grub2 config files until now
> to add a simple setting and I am finding grub2 confusing.
> How do I add nomodeset in grub2.
> I miss the old grub:'(
> .
>
> Thanks

Try editing GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub. Remember to update
grub configuration with: grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg.

You may also try to pass nomodeset as command line parameter in grub's
boot menu to see if it works.

Mateusz Marzantowicz

Edward M 09-16-2012 09:56 PM

grub2 confusing need to add simple setting

Try editing GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub. Remember to update
grub configuration with: grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg.

this did the trick.

thanks